If you’re looking for a way to cool off this summer, you’re lucky to be in Cincinnati! Whether you call it a Splash Pad or a Splash Park or a Sprayground, our fabulous local park systems have a number of wonderful options from which to choose.
If you know of any spray parks we missed, please be sure to leave us a tip in the comment section (or email it to Bridgett directly)
City of Cincinnati Parks Splash Pads:
- Washington Park: free; open 10am-10pm, April – Oct., 2021
- Smale Riverfront Park: free; open 10am – 9pm; opens May 28, 2021
- Armeleder Memorial Sprayground at Sawyer Point: free; open 10am-9pm, opens May 28, 2021
Great Parks of Hamilton County* Splash Pads:
- Parky’s Ark at Winton Woods*, admission charged; closed for 2021
- Parky’s Wetland Adventure at Woodland Mound*, admission charged; closed for 2021
- Sharon Woods* (more suitable for younger children): waiting for an update for 2021
Splash Pads Sprinkled Around the City:
Beech Acres: One of the Anderson Twp. Parks, Beech Acres sprayground (image above) is pretty tame – perfect for littles. Their site says “Open 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Scheduled to be turned on by Memorial Day Weekend…”
Clippard Park’s Sprayground (Colerain) is open from Memorial Day weekend until Labor Day weekend, 11am-7pm daily. This sprayground has motion activiated features and has shaded seating areas.
Home of the Brave Park (Symmes Twp.): One of our favorites, this park’s water features are open daily starting on Memorial Day, 12-5pm.
Juilfs Park: is another Anderson Park District park and offers seasonal water play from 10 a.m.- 8 p.m. (scheduled to be turned on by Memorial Day Weekend and turned off after Labor Day weekend).
Liberty Center (shopping, food, movies, etc.) has a small water feature that’s great for little ones.
The City of Cincinnati Recreation Commission has Spraygrounds at the following parks
click here for more info on each of the parks
McKie (requires a pool membership)
Oakley (pool admission charged, memberships available)
Pleasant Ridge (requires a pool membership)
Hamilton (the city) Parks have loads of spray parks!
They are open daily between Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends.
All Hamilton Parks spraygrounds and wet playgrounds are open, 11am-7pm.
- Benninghofen Park
- Booker T. Washington Center
- Crawford Woods
- Jim Grimm Park
- L.J. Smith Park / North End
- Marcum Park
- Milliken Woods
* Great Parks of Hamilton County requires a motor vehicle permit for entrance to the parks. The stickers are sold at the welcome booths as you enter, visitor centers and online. 2021 pricing is $10 annual for Hamilton County residents; $16 annual for out of county residents.