Fall, it’s the season of all things pumpkin spice, autumn leaves, bonfires, chunky sweaters and …. haunted places! If you’re ready to spend this Halloween season in spooky style, plan your visit to any one of these haunted houses in Indiana.
Below you’ll find some of the best Halloween attractions, haunted houses, and scream parks in the state of Indiana. From haunted trails to haunted houses to haunted hospitals (yikes!), the Hoosier State has them all!
A few things to keep in mind as you plan your visit:
- Some of these haunted houses in Indiana MAY close in inclement weather. Be sure to check with your venue before you head out the door.
- Haunted houses aren’t always appropriate for children. If the venue has listed an age range, we have included it here.
Top Haunted Houses in Indiana:
Hanna Haunted Acres, Indianapolis, IN
Where: 7323 E. Hanna Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46239
When: Opening weekend is Sept. 24-26, 2022. They are then open every day for the month of October (with the exception of being closed to the public on Oct. 25). Last day is October 31, 2022.
Hanna Haunted Acres is a fan favorite when it comes to the scariest haunted house in Indiana. Conveniently located in central Indiana, it’s slightly southeast of Indianapolis and about 4 miles off I-465.
Number of Attractions: They offer 6 separate attractions at this single location:
- Hanna Haunted Hayride
- Horror Fields
- Acres Manor (NEW)
- Cannibal Chaos (NEW)
Ticket Prices for Hanna Haunted Acres:
- Ticket prices vary for this haunted house in Indiana. Weekdays are cheaper than weekends and you’ll save a few bucks when you get your scare on during the first few weeks of the season.
- You can purchase a ticket that includes all 6 haunted attractions and you can add on a Fast Pass.
- Want to just go on the Haunted Hayride? You can get a ticket for just that one haunted attraction.
- If the scare factor is your thing and you want to really do it up, they offer a Combo Unlimited pass that allows unlimited visits to all 6 great attractions in a single evening.
- You’ll save a few bucks when you buy your tickets online. Online sales do close 1 hour before opening so be sure to plan ahead!
Can they touch you at this haunted house? Hanna Haunted Acres says: “The actors will not touch you in any of our attractions.”
Their site says “Haunted Houses are not recommended for children under 12”
Haunted Hills Hospital, Crown Point, IN
Where: 7611 E. Lincoln Highway, Crown Point, Indiana 46307
When: 2022 dates TBA
Here’s one hospital you don’t want to enter as a patient! Located in northwest Indiana, Haunted Hills holds the most psychotic patients that were too evil for a regular mental facility. An evil unlike any other has permeated the grounds due to the experimentation of the nefarious Truman Corporation. Face the craziest patients you have ever met at this insane asylum gone wrong!
This haunted attraction is all outdoors and is open “rain or moonlight”.
Number of Attractions: Haunted Hills Hospital has 4 attractions:
- Haunted Hills Hospital
- Hills Hospital: Condemned Scare Zone
- Arcane Arcade (all kinds of games, may be at additional cost)
- Mayhem Midway (food and drink)
Ticket Prices for Haunted Hills Hospital (2021 rates below, 2022 rates not posted yet):
- General admission tickets are $25
- “Emergency” Fast Pass is $35
- “Insanity” VIP Pass is $40
- “Ultimate Scare Zone” pass is $45
Can they touch you at this haunted house? “The actors… will not touch you. However, they do get very close. Occasionally you may brush up against their costumes or props, or you may get bumped into by a actor or a person in your group by accident. You may also come into contact with some of the sets. Our scare zone actors may be more interactive, however they are warned about being put in solitary for bad behavior. “
“Haunted Hills Hospital is recommended for adults, older teens and mature audiences only. Younger kids may come if parents choose to bring them, however it is not recommended.”
Horror House Haunt, West Harrison, IN
Where: 28051 Moore Lane, West Harrison, IN 47060
When: Open Friday and Saturday nights (specific dates for 2022 are TBA)
Located just off I-74 and about 20 minutes west of Cincinnati, this haunted house in Indiana is an indoor attraction and a great choice, especially if the weather isn’t cooperating!
Check in at the Angst Motel if you dare! Can you handle the terror that will ensue?
Ticket Prices for Horror House Haunt (2021 rates below, 2022 rates not posted yet):
- $5 admission for all military, law enforcement, firefighters, and first responders. Valid ID required.
- General admission tickets are $20.
- Combo tickets for admission to both Horror Hike (see details below) and Horror House are $33 (note: haunted trail and haunted house are not at the same location, tickets can be used on separate nights).
- Fast Pass Tickets are $30 for Horror House or $50 as a Fast Pass Combo for both Horror Hike and Horror House.
- Tickets for Zombie Hunt (shoot “live” zombies with airsoft guns) are 100 shots for $8 and 200 shots for $12.
Can they touch you at this haunted house? The Horror House Haunt website makes is VERY clear – this is a FULL SCARE haunted attraction. “A select few of our actors may touch our guests. Intentional touching will be limited to the areas of the body above the shoulders and below the knees. In some instances, our actors may use their full bodies to block the movement of guests.”
They say: “Our actors will use aggressive tone, demeanor, and language which may not be suitable for all audiences.”
Indy ScreamPark, Anderson, IN
Where: 5211 S. New Columbus Rd., Anderson, IN 46013
When: They’re open on Fridays and Saturdays from September 9 thru Sept. 30 and Friday, Saturday, Sunday the first weekend in October. They are open daily from Oct. 5 through Nov. 5, 2022.
Indy Scream Park has been top rated as the best haunted house in Indiana by multiple sources including being named one of the most terrifying haunted houses in the United States by PopSugar.
Number of Attractions: The Indy Scream Park experience offers 6 different themes:
- Killgore’s 3D Circus
- Zombieland: Unchained
- Backwoods (a haunted woods experience)
- Nightmare Factory: Blackout
They also have “Zombie Paintball Assault” which is a zombie slayin’ paintball experience. It is a separate attraction and is NOT included with your general admission ticket. You must also purchase both a general admission ticket and a paintball ticket to enter and participate in the paintball experience.
Indy Scream Park has food and adult beverages (the only Indiana haunted house with a beer garden to make the list)! Head to the Monster Midway for food, games, and beer or enjoy a cold one at Bonzo’s Beer Garden. Must be 21 for adult beverages.
Ticket Prices for Indy Scream Park:
- Ticket prices are subject to change (per their site).
- Ticket prices vary depending on the date your choose.
- Your general admission ticket includes all of the haunted attractions except for the paintball experience. That is a separate, additional ticket.
- They offer a VIP Fast Pass and a Super VIP Fast Pass which allows you to skip the general admission line and can be used once per attraction. Fast Pass can not be used for paintball.
- Save $5 when you buy your tickets online (vs. “at the door”)
Can they touch you at this haunted house? If you mark yourself as a participant you “may be grabbed, held back, sent into hidden cells, removed from their group or even forced to remain…”.
Malice Manor, Clarksville, IN
Where: 640 Providence Way, Clarksville, IN 47129
When: Malice Manor is open every Friday and Saturday from Sept. 16 – November 5, 2022. They are also open on Sunday, October 30, 2022.
Located in southern Indiana, Malice Manor is an all indoor haunted attraction. It’s relatively new to the list of haunted houses in Indiana, having opened in 2019. Malice Manor says you’ll “experience a high impact, in your face, spine tingling journey through sheer terror” as you explore the Manor of Lord Rancor.
While reading haunted house reviews I came across one Google reviewer who stated: “Of the 3 haunts that we visited last night, Malice was definitely the scariest and most fun! 10/10 recommended and will return!” Can’t get much better than that for haunted houses in Indiana!
Number of Attractions: Malice Manor is an all indoor haunted experience centering around one theme – Lord Rancor, his family, and servants as they haunt the manor.
Ticket Prices for Malice Manor:
- General Admission tickets are $25
- Fast Pass tickets are $40
- Front of the Line passes are $60
- Can be purchased online
Can they touch you at this haunted house? Yes, this is a touch haunt.
Necropolis Underground Haunted Attraction, Indianapolis, IN
Where: 7130 Western Select Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46219
When: 2022 dates are TBA
Necropolis Underground says they are one of the largest INDOOR haunted attractions in the country, coming in at 50,000 square feet of terror! They are the only haunted attraction in Indy that is completely underground. You won’t have to worry about inclement weather and this Indiana haunted house!
Number of Attractions: Necropolis Underground has four separate haunted attractions:
- Nightmare House
- Cemetery of the Damned
- Dead and Breakfast, No Checkout
- The Bunker
New for 2022: The Festival Area where you’ll find escape rooms, axe throwing, tarot readings, a VR horror ride, midway games, and more.
Ticket Prices for Necropolis Underground: 2022 details are TBA
Can they touch you at this haunted house? “The actors of NECROPOLIS will never intentionally touch you. Because of the closeness of their working conditions and your unknown reaction, incidental contact could occur. Some of the effects make come in contact with you.”
Necropolis Underground is “recommended for adults and teens but younger kids may come if parents choose to bring them. Minimum suggested age is 13 years old.”
Haunted Trails in Indiana:
Horror Hike Haunted Trail, Lawrenceburg, IN
45 E. Eads Parkway in Lawrenceburg, Indiana 47025
When: 2022 dates TBD
When you’re looking for something other than the tradional haunted houses in Indiana, head to Lawrenceburg. This haunted trail is sure to raise the hair on your neck!
The Horror Hike Haunted Trail experience centers around a story of summer camp gone wrong. Camp Angst had an explosion in the mess hall and all that remains are some derelict buildings and the spirits of those killed. Make sure to pack your courage before you load into the camp bus for the ride back to Trail 13!
This particular haunted trail in Indiana is a FULL SCARE haunted attraction and takes you on a 1/2 mile hike through a wooded environment.
“A select few of our actors may touch our guests. Intentional touching will be limited to the areas of the body above the shoulders and below the knees. In some instances, our actors may use their full bodies to block the movement of guests.”
This is an outdoor haunted trail and weather will cause disruptions to the schedule. Be sure to check with them (link below) if you have questions.
If you like this article on Haunted Houses in Indiana, you might also like:
The Best Haunted Houses in Cincinnati