Some changes are rolling into Cincinnati!
Strap on some skates and have some fun at the pop-up Outdoor Roller Rink. This MOBILE roller skating experience is sure to be the hit of the summer!
And get your paddle and balls ready ’cause the area will also be used for Pickleball this year!
Opening in April, the roller rink / pickleball court with make its 2023 debut at Fountain Square.
In addition to calling Fountain Square home in April, the outdoor roller rink will return to Court Street Plaza starting in June.
What Are the Dates for the Mobile Roller Rink and Pickleball Court?
The roller rink and pickleball court will be open at Fountain Square in April, 2023.
The rink will pop-up on Court Street Plaza on June 14-18, July 19-23, and Sept. 6-10, 2023.
Pickleball and Skating? How Will That Work!?
The sport court style flooring they use for the roller rink will also double as a surface for a Pickleball Court this year.
Fountain Square details include:
Monday and Tuesday the rink will operate as a single pickleball court from 11am-8pm.
Wednesday through Sunday, time will be split with a pickleball court up for the first half of the day and open skate in the afternoon and evening.
Do I Need to Make a Reservation or Buy Tickets Online?
New for 2023 – reservations can be made online. Walk-up admission/play is available (pending capacity) during rink hours but sessions will fill up and walk-up ability is not guaranteed.
Make your reservations here:
Details about Roller Skating:
What about Roller Skates?
- You can bring your own roller skates or roller blades to use.
- You can rent roller skates on site ($5). Socks must be worn with rentals.
- 150 pairs of skate will be available.
- They only accept cards. No cash accepted.
- Skate sizes are unisex. Expect to pick from sizes similar to men’s sizes. They’ll have unisex sizes 1-14 on hand. Ladies – try going down about 1.5 sizes to convert women’s sizing to the unisex size (for example, if you’re normally a size 8.5 women’s size you should try a size 7 in unisex size.)
- Kid rental skate sizes are available (8,9,10,11,12,13).
Is there a fee to skate?
- Price to skate is $2-$5 (varies depending on day/time).
- Skate rental (if needed) is $5 per person.
- They only accept card payments – NO CASH accepted.
Can kids skate?
- You must be 5 years of age or older to participate in roller skating.
- Anyone under 16 must be with an adult (18 years and up).
- Adults can not carry children on the rink.
What Can I Do With My Stuff While I Skate?
- Large bags, purses, or backpacks are NOT permitted on the skating rink.
- They recommend you bring/use a small crossbody or fanny pack.
- If you rent skates, they will hold your shoes for you.
- There are no lockers or cubbies of any kind.
What About People Who Don’t Want to Skate?
Both of the outdoor roller rink locations have seating options.
Details about Pickleball:
Is There a Fee to Play Pickleball?
There is a fee to play pickleball. The court costs $20/hour.
Reservations are highly recommended as dates are filling up quickly.
Do I Need to Bring Any Equipment to Play?
No, the cost to play includes access to pickeball paddles and balls.
What About Food or Drinks?
- No food or drinks are allowed on the skating floor.
- Surrounding areas will sell alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- There are lots of great food options in all areas of downtown as well.
Extend your day downtown with a ride on the streetcar. You’re near a streetcar stop while at Fountain Square – it’s right around the corner on Walnut Street. Head down to Smale Riverfront Park, ride up to Washington Park, and/or make a stop at Rhinegeist or Findlay Market.
Watch the Frisch’s Mobile Roller Rink Facebook Page for updates
Thanks to 3CDC and Frisch’s for bringing the mobile rink to Cincinnati for our summer fun!