There is no better day to be in Cincinnati than Reds Opening Day! This city celebrates Opening Day like no other!
Major League Baseball opens its season earlier than ever this year – March 26, 2020. All teams will have opening day on that date. While the Cincinnati Reds are no longer guaranteed the first game of the season, we do get to have OUR first baseball game at home. That’s a win we look forward to each and every year!
Get Ready for Cincinnati Reds Opening Day with this info:
Reds Opening Day 2020 info and details
Findlay Market Opening Day Parade details
Fun Opening Day Activities
Parking Info and Street Closures
Opening Day Bar Specials and Parties
Reds Opening Day Info and Details
- Cincinnati Reds Opening Day is Thursday, March 26, 2020
- The Cincinnati Reds play the St. Louis Cardinals at Great American Ballpark
- The Reds game starts at 4:10 EST (weather dependent)
- To be noted: Backpacks will no longer be allowed into Great American Ball Park beginning Opening Day on March 26.
- The game will be televised on Fox Sports Ohio
Findlay Market Opening Day Parade Details
- The 2020 Opening Day Parade begins at noon.
- The Parade Route: The parade starts at Findlay Market (Race Street side). It then heads south on Race Street and turns left on 5th Street. The parade will pass Fountain Square and ends near the Taft Theater.
- The Parade Grand Marshal is Marty Brennaman
Opening Day Activities:
- The Bob and Tom Show will broadcast live from BB Riverboats new River’s Edge at Newport Landing Event Center. Admission is free but you MUST HAVE A TICKET.
- Washington Park will host an Opening Day Celebration with the parade passing by on Race Street, family friendly games, live music and DJ’s, cold beverages, and more. Music and games begin at 10am. Their site says it’s rain or shine but severe weather or heavy rain may cancel the event. Watch the Facebook event page (linked above) for updates.
- The ninth annual Reds Community Fund Charity Block Party, benefiting the P&G MLB Cincinnati Reds Youth Academy, kicks off at 11:00 a.m. on Joe Nuxhall Way, Freedom Way and Walnut Street on Thursday, March 26. Food and beverages will be available for purchase. Live music and entertainment will be provided as well. The event generated over $200,000 for the P&G MLB Cincinnati Reds Youth Academy in 2019.
- Head to Covington for Smoke Justis’ Opening Day in the Cov Street Party starting at 11am. They’ll have live music and an ESPN live radio show with Mo Egger in the Bourbon Lounge before the game. The Budweiser village will take over the street. And there will be a special Bourbon Zone from our friends at Jim Beam including a victory cigar area after the game.
- Moerlein Lager House and Q102 have paired up to celebrate! See and listen to Q102’s Mollie Watson and Jon & Natalie live from the Hops Garden bar. They’ll have a party tent on the event lawn with a DJ (11am-4pm), beers, Tito’s cocktails, food, and more. Enjoy the full bar and menu inside at the Beer Garden, the Lager House bars, and restaurant.
- The Phoenix is hosting an Opening Day Parade Watch Party. Located directly on the parade route, you will be able to watch the famous parade from inside their comfortable private event rooms. Tickets required, pre-purchase only.
- The Reds will host Kids Opening Day on March 28, (note that’s not the same day as the Reds Opening Day). The free block party starts at 10am. A mascot parade starts at 10:45am (30+ mascots). Reds players will parade on the Red Carpet at 11:30am. The ballpark opens at 12:40 and the game (Reds vs. Cards) begins at 2:10pm. Kids 14 and under attending the game will receive a Reds cap. After the game, kids are welcome to take the field for a kids-only “Run the Bases”. Weather permitting.
Parking, Street Closures, Getting Around Town
- The City of Cincinnati has an Opening Day Parking map – find it here.
- There are lots of parking options around town (keep in mind that the parade route will involve road closures): downtown parking info
- There will be Road Closures – see the map here (should be updated the week of the parade).
- The Cincinnati Bell Connector is not likely to be running during the parade as it follows a similar route. We will update this when we have definitive information.
- Metro will operate on Opening Day but you can expect detours. Click here for up-to-date Detours and Delays info.
Opening Day Bar Specials and Parties:
The following establishments have Opening Day related events:
- Reds Opening Day at Queen City Exchange
- Opening Day at The Lackman
- Reds Opening Day Celebration at Samuel Adams Cincinnati Taproom
- Opening Day at Low Spark
- Opening Day 2020 at Fishbowl at The Banks
- Opening Day 2020 @ Bar 901
- Opening Day at Igby’s
- Opening Day at The Righteous Room
- Reds Opening Day Party at Tillie’s Lounge
- Opening Day at Cinci Tin Roof
- Reds Opening Day Party at Below Zero Lounge